Monday, August 24, 2009

Raft from Argentina to Chile

I can't swim so I must have had a death wish when I chose a Class IV white water rafting tour that requires you to be a "confident swimmer." I figured what could go wrong as long as I have a life jacket and safety kayakers by my side. Luckily, nothing bad happened to me but I can't say the same for the guys who fell overboard into the glacier-fed Manso River in Argentina. Did I mention that it was also snowing that day? Within minutes, I was part of a rescue team saving my fellow rafters. You'd be surprised what you can do when the adrenaline is pumping. After rafting for two hours through the deep canyons and intense rapids, we arrived at the Chilean border where we we celebrated the day's events with some Argentinian wine and a Patagonian barbecue. For more info: http://www.aguasblancas.com.ar/english/adventure-rafting-manso-river-chile-frontier-patagonia.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I've Been